Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sad Swimmers

John was quite pleased with his visit this morning. They led him into a room with a couch and candles to do his business. Then when he was done he flipped a switch and walked out without having to see anyone. This was much better than his experience at Dr. S office where he had to tell the receptionist why he was there in front of a room full of women. Then they would take him to a bathroom where he was supposed to give his sample and then he had to walk back out to find a nurse, cup in hand.

However, while his experience may have been better, the results were not. His morphology was still low so I didn’t sabotage it after all. I still go in tomorrow to get my blood work but it looks like she may push us to IVF. For you infertility virgins, IVF is invitrofertilization. It’s where they take my egg and his swimmer and fertilize the egg outside of my uterus. They let it grow for 5 days and will then put two blastocytes in my uterus in hopes that at least one will stick. It’s extremely expensive and success rates are about 50% per cycle. I should find out tomorrow if I’m a candidate for IVF so stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand your Pity Party for 1 post. Keep your chin up (easier said than done, I know). You are in my thoughts and prayers and I'm sending positive vibes your way!!

    ReplyDelete


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10