Sunday, July 5, 2009

Handful of Pills

We had a great 4th of July weekend! Friday night we took Tristan to see Ice Age 3 and it was really good. I was pleasantly surprised. Yesterday we made a flag cake, played outside with Lexi, grilled out (fillet mignon, zucchini, squash and corn on the cob - courtesy of my wonderful grill expert) and then went to Tristan's friend's house for fireworks at night. Today we just went to the pool and watched some movies.

A little while ago I went through my pharmacy shelf and separated all of my pills for the week. Tristan walked in as I was doing this and started freaking out about all of the pills I have to take. She asked me about each one and what it does and if a doctor told me to take it... she's worried about her dear old step mom! Here is a laundry list of my daily pills. Don't you wish you were me?

- prenatal vitamin, aciphex, baby aspirin, wheat grass(2), vitex(2), DHEA(2), vitamin D, and total thyroid
The only pill that I take that is not fertility related is the aciphex which is for heartburn.

The Grand Total? It's 11! 11 pills every day! AND - now that I've counted them I'm obsessing about the fact that it's an odd number and as many of you know I like things in even numbers. So I guess I'm going to have to add one or take one away. hmmmm. What a dilemma. But don't worry too much... I only take all of those the first 15 days of my cycle and the next half of the cycle I only take 4.

My next appointment is Friday where they will do an ultrasound to find out from which side I'm ovulating. Fingers crossed and praying!

xxoo,
Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10