Thursday, October 15, 2009

Au Naturale

In many areas of my life I like to be au naturale. I like wearing little makeup and comfy clothes. I'm a pretty plain Jane eater; I'm fine eating a sandwich at home. I don't need a lot of frills and fanciness. So why does it seem so disheartening to do a natural cycle? That's right folks... I had 4 cysts. (1) 3.5 cm and (3) 1.0 cm cysts. My options were to take birth control pills for 2-3 weeks to make the cysts go away and then try another injectable cycle or to do a natural cycle this month and hope they go away on their own. The thought of taking birth control pills makes me want to vomit so we're going au naturale this month! John and I have an appt with Dr. Honea on Nov 2nd to discuss whether I was approved for IVF. If so we'll decide then whether I'll do one more injectable cycle or just go straight to the Big Dog - IVF. EEK! It's hard to believe that our TTC (trying to conceive) journey is coming to an end. I see the light at the end of the tunnel. One way or another we should have an answer to the baby question within a few short months. Either IVF will work and we'll have an angel on the way or my eggs will be bad and it's over.

There is always a bright side and this one is that I don't have to take shots this month! No pills, no shots, no little green tablets that have to go in unmentionable places, no doctor's appts, no blood work... just me and the hubs trying the old fashioned way. WEIRD!

Also worth mentioning... I had a backbone today! Casey, the NP I had today, was desperately trying to take my blood. This was our conversation: Casey: "We should probably get some blood today to..." Me: interrupting "ummmm. I don't think so." Casey: "But with your history it would be better if we..." Me: "ummm. no:" Casey: "But I really think..." Me: "What will it determine if you take blood today? IF the blood work is good would I be able to do injectables?" Casey: "No" Me: "If the blood work is bad would you do anything differently than what we're doing now?" Casey: "no" Me: "Then why should I be subjected to torture and risk having bad blood work that could eliminate me from the IVF program?" Casey: "Fine. No blood work" YAY ME! No blood work!

xxoo,

Jaime

2 comments:

  1. Wahoo to you! Way to stand up for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for a little blessing for you and John!

    ReplyDelete


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10