Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Brand New Day

After a good night's sleep I'm feeling much better today. I'm not really hurting anymore either which is fantastic! However, I do still have a sore throat and a cough but I'll live. :)
And - Lexi is doing better too. No tummy issues since yesterday afternoon.

A random note: Over the past year I have been making myself eat certain food items so that I will start liking them. It has worked with grapes, mushrooms, blueberries and bananas. I actually crave grapes now. My latest endeavor is hot tea. I don't like any kind of tea... hot, cold, iced... none. When we visit Mom Z in Canada she is always drinking hot tea and seems to really enjoy it. Since I'm always cold it seems like it would be a nice, warm, soothing beverage for the afternoon. Also there have been a lot of positive studies about tea and how good it is for you. So I've tried two of the blends that are in my office. One is an Earl Grey and the other is a black tea with orange essence. I've tried both of these teas with every combination of lemon, sugar, cream and honey. So far the Black tea with lemon and honey is the best combo. Today I'm trying Green Tea with Jasmine. Too bad we're out of honey so I'll have to switch to lemon and sugar. I've been working on this every day for about two weeks and so far I'm not liking it anymore than when I started. Maybe there are some things you just can't make yourself like or maybe I just haven't given it enough time. Also, yesterday I learned the hard way that hot tea is not the best beverage choice to spill in your lap. I knocked over my cup in one of my coughing attacks and spilled it into my lap and all over my keyboard. Now my keys stick together and my pants are at the drycleaners....

xxoo,
Jaime

1 comment:

  1. I wish you would take my pants to the drycleaners :)

    ReplyDelete


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10