Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Struggling Artist

Jessica and I went to a local art store where the owner teaches a class to paint a particular piece of artwork. Last night the picture was an abstract cross. My type A personality really has a hard time with painting lines but I tried to let go of that and paint as the lady told me. Below is the end result. I'm not 100% pleased but it's ok. We went with Jessica's church group and had a great time!



Please keep Jessica's daughter (my lovely goddaughter) Emma in your prayers. She had tubes put in her ears this morning which I know is quite routine but it's always nerve wracking when it's your little sweetheart! Jess said that she's done and seems to be doing well.

I finally went to the doctor this morning about my wrist. Since I have to go to appts so often for my fertility issues I have been letting all of the other doctor's visits slip. I still need a crown because I cracked my tooth, I haven't been to my rheumatologist in over a year and I needed to see a doctor about my possible carpal tunnel. Check the carpal tunnel doc off the list! Canadian followers - Employers here take out worker's compensation insurance for employees who are hurt on the job. I'm not sure if Canada does this since you get free healthcare. I've never used w/c before but my office wanted me to use it instead of using my health insurance. So I went to the company appointed doctor this morning. It was weird! The bottom line is that I need a nerve study. Since my work wanted me to do it through W/C there are all of these conditions that have to be met. He also thinks the carpal tunnel could be due to the lupus and not work related. I told him that I didn't care if it was work related or if I needed to go through my insurance or whatever! Just give me some exercises or stretches to make it better! He said he would have to call my work and see what they think and that I need to see my rheumatologist for a second opinion and blah, blah, blah. Ridiculous! I didn't realize this was going to be so difficult. Not to mention that my skeeze-o-meter was off the chart! The doctor was a super close talker and just gave off this weird vibe. Also, he said I seem like a very nice "woman" and that he hopes he will be able to work with me. Those words may not sound bad but it was the way he said them. The emphasis was on the word "woman" which most southerners wouldn't say. They would say lady. And he was all up in my face and talking in a trying-to-be seductive tone with his hand on my knee. eeeewwww! My skeeze-o-meter is almost always right.

xxoo,
Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10