Monday, November 23, 2009

Somber Day

I know I usually try to keep the mood light and funny for my posts but today I couldn't. Sorry for the sadness but it's my mood today. Tomorrow will be a better day!

A poem for my baby girl
There is not much happiness in my world today
I wish you were here to celebrate your 1st Birthday

You should be eating cake and making a mess
Instead I’m stuck here with this terrible sadness

You should be learning to walk while I hold your hand
You should be able to smile, speak and stand.


Every night I would rub my belly, talk to you and pray
That God would let me keep you just one more day


How selfish I was not to want to let you go
I still wish I could have had you in my arms to hold


Although I may be sad that you are not here
I know that God had a different path to steer


The three weeks we shared together were like no other
I can’t tell you how grateful I am you made me a mother


Though you were only with me a few short weeks of time
I loved you every minute, every second you were mine


xxoo,
Jaime

3 comments:

  1. Jaime, I'm so sorry for your sadness. Your poem is beautiful, it moved me to tears. I've never experienced a loss like you have, but I can feel your pain and yet your undying love in your poem. You are inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poem is beautiful. I'm so sorry that you've had to go through this. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JZ, it's beautiful. And I, too, am sorry that you are going through this. I'm sending prayers up for you. I love you!

    ReplyDelete


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10