Sunday, December 27, 2009

Lots to Share

I have been so busy with all of the running around that I haven't been able to post an update. Shame on me! Let's see... I last left you on Dec 23rd. I was getting ready for my Dad's family Christmas and my immediate family Christmas the next day. Tristan spent the night and was sweet and happy all day the 23rd and the 24th. That's the best Christmas present I got! Followed closely by my Wii and Wii Fit. :)
Here's a picture of us decorating a gingerbread house Wed night.


We woke up Thurs morning and I made the white chocolate bread pudding. I must toot my own horn and say that it was delish! Tristan was really excited to get to my family's Christmas because she knows she has tons of presents (my mom overdoes it!) The three of us and Lexi jumped in the car around 11am and stayed at my Uncle Jackie's house until about 4pm.

This is a picture of all of the kids at my Uncle Jackie's.


At around 4pm we headed over to my parents' house. We had such a good time. I got the Wii Fit, some Alabama T-shirts, a scale, and another Wii fitness game... I think they are trying tell me something... My parents surprised John with a 32" LCD HDTV! We thought about buying one as a joint gift to each other but we decided to wait until next year. He was so shocked he couldn't even speak. I wish I could haven gotten a picture.

This is a picture of my brother playing with the kids.


We took Tristan to her mom's house Thursday night and then finally headed home around 9pm. When we got home John gave Lexi a little bit of ham for dinner. That was a HUGE mistake! About 30 minutes later she started crying at the door. She had some tummy problems and we thought she was done. We were wrong! Every hour after that she would cry at the corner of the bed which means she had to go outside. Then one of the times John took her, he walked into the living room to get his phone and stepped in a big puddle of vomit... barefoot! EWWW! I came running when I heard him screaming and yelling. We cleaned that up and went back to bed. About an hour later (4am) Lexi crawled up to my face and was smacking her lips like she was eating something. I opened my eyes and saw her staring at me with those sad eyes and then she almost puked all over my face! Luckily I picked her up fast and got her in the bathroom. She finally stopped at around 5am so we got a little sleep. Tristan was calling about every 30 minutes for us to come over so she could open her presents. Poor thing! Lexi made a full recovery but we didn't take her to Tristan's or back to Tuscaloosa that afternoon. She needed her rest.

Tristan got a ton of stuff and loved it all. She's still not quite to the point where she wants clothes but she didn't complain about it as much as last year. In fact, one of her favorite presents was a shirt that John got her. Another of her favorite gifts was a key necklace with real diamonds that John went and picked out by himself at Kay's Jewelers. He wrote a sweet note and put it in the box. Here's a picture of her in the shirt and one of her with the necklace.



Today and yesterday were pretty laid back which is just we needed. We have to get back to work tomorrow.

xxoo

1 comment:

  1. Looks a great Christmas! Glad Tristan liked her stuff...she's growing up so fast.

    ReplyDelete


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10