Monday, January 18, 2010

Blood Doctor

I went to one of my "new" doctors this morning and it was refreshingly uneventful. There are no new ailments to speak of and he didn't even take blood! Wahoo! He said that 6-7% of women test positive for ACLs (the blood clotting issue) and 90% of them don't get blood clots. He said he agreed with Dr. H that I should take Lovenox injections (blood thinner) upon pregnancy but other than that I should be fine. He doesn't see a reason that I would need long-term care for it. Phew!

John and Tristan left Sunday morning for Atlanta. They stayed at the Hilton downtown and they saw Annie at 8PM. John said it was VERY good and the theatre was "cool". The Fox Theatre was designed in the 1920's and has been refurbished many times to keep that antique style. He said Tristan seemed to have a really good time. When I talked to him this morning they were eating at IHOP and then heading home.

Fertility news: I'm taking tons of vitamins and herbs, drinking tea, exercising and trying to eat as healthy as possible. Hopefully I'll be cleared to start my IVF cycle when I see Dr. H 1/25. Just one more week!!

xxoo,
Jaime

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad he had good news although I have to say that I'm surprised that the 'blood doctor' didn't have to take blood from you...does that seem strange to anybody else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I thought it was weird too but I guess he had the results from last blood test at Dr. H's office. I would have bet you $100 that I would have blood drawn today though!

    ReplyDelete


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10