Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

John and I rang in the new year together at home last night. We picked up some Chinese food, opened a bottle of wine and watched the ball drop. It was a nice, relaxing night with the hubby. It was special because we actually ate out. You see, John and I rarely eat out. And when I say rarely, I mean RARELY. We usually eat out once a month. That means no take out, no restaurants, no drive thrus... nothing. To some people that is perfectly normal but to my sister it is pure insanity. I don't feel like we're lacking though and it makes even a quick takeout meal of Chinese special. Luckily we got two gift cards for restaurants (one from my sister) for Christmas so we can go out maybe... hold on to your britches... twice this month.

I woke up this morning feeling like 2010 will be the year we have our baby. I hope my feeling is right! I will pray and have a positive attitude every day that this is the year! Last year I didn't eat the traditional southern good luck food of black eyed peas and here I am babyless, losing my job, and having some family issues. So this year I will find some peas and hopefully my luck will turn around in 2010. :) I can't say 2009 was a bad year though. I am blessed in more ways than I count and if those three things are the only things that were bad in all of 2009 then I would have to say it was a good year!

Here's hoping that we all have a miracle year in 2010! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10