Friday, January 15, 2010

More Good News!

I just received a lot of news in a matter of 20 minutes!

1st - The IVF coordinator called and said that we were approved for shared risk. Since our insurance doesn't cover IVF we'll be paying out of pocket. Shared risk is a plan that covers two IVF cycles. It's a great plan because if I don't get pregnant after the two tries they will refund all but $5,000. So it will only have cost us $5k for two tries which is great. However, we're paying a little bit more than 1 cycle (about a cycle and a 1/2) so if I get pregnant on the first try we've paid more than we should have. That's why it's shared risk... Dr. H said that 85% of the people approved for shared risk get pregnant within the two cycles! You have to be in good health and meet a ton of crazy criteria to get in the shared risk plan so I thought I may not qualify. BUT I did! YAY!

Also, I told her that I'm losing my job at the end of this month and therefore will be switching insurances in the middle of my cycle. My insurance does pay for monitoring and medication. John's does too but he has a lot higher deductibles. So I asked her if she could go ahead and call in all of my prescriptions now so that they'll be ready by the end of the month. She agreed! YAY again!

2nd - As I was on the phone with Janet an announcement was being made in my area that the NY office finally made a decision and our official last day is 1/29. I was really hoping it would somehow drag into the first week of February so I would have my insurance for the whole month but it doesn't look like that's the case. Bummer. At least I have the good news about my IVF to keep me excited!

xxoo,
Jaime

5 comments:

  1. Great news about the IVF! I am definitely going to be praying for you lots over the nextw month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! Baby(IES)!!!!!! Sending lots of hugs, kisses and prayers (especially prayers!)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SOOOO excited! Yay! It's such encouraging news...love y'all and praying for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the armstrogs are praying too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am soooo excited for you. I know this take hopefully some burden off of you guys on the cost of the IVF. I cannot wait to get the even better knews you got prego on the first try HA

    ReplyDelete


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10