Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wonderful News!

Thanks to Allison for commenting on my blog to say that the SIS wasn't going to be very painful. It really wasn't! I was concerned b/c Dr. H told me the HSG wasn't going to hurt and it was TERRIBLE. So when she said the SIS would hurt I thought it was going to kill me! It really wasn't bad at all though! That's not the only good news.... My uterus is "pretty" and my cyst is gone!! Dr. H was cracking me up b/c she kept talking about how pretty my uterus is. Never heard that one before! The procedure was quite simple. She used a catheter to insert some saline into my uterus. The saline blows up my uterus like a balloon so she can see if there are any fibroids hanging out. All was GOOD! Praise the Lord!! I know He is with me and helping me through this!

ALSO, I got my protocol! Here's how it will go down...
1/25 - Appt with IVF coordinator. We have to sign all documentation, get my meds prescriptions, do blood work and have an ultrasound to make sure I'm still cyst free.
1/26 - off birth control if labs and u/s are good
1/31 - Start meds.
2/10 - 2/14 - Possible egg retrieval depending on how long it takes me to get mature
5 days after retrieval she will put 2 eggs back in and freeze any remaining
2 weeks later - Pregnancy test!!
I should know by the end of February or beginning of March if we're expecting! :)

I was a little concerned about my dosage of meds, however. Last time she upped me from 75iu to 100iu and my emotions went crazy. For IVF I will be on 375iu!!! OMG! Watch out everybody. I would like to go ahead and apologize in advance for anything I do or say in the month of February!

xxoo,
Jaime

8 comments:

  1. I'm SO glad your appointment went so well!! I'm going to go ahead and start praying for the future little Z's now! I'm hoping for triplets - which can't be accomplished unless three eggs are put in - can you accomodate me on that please?? I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie actually asked me today if I would put 3 in and then give her one of the triplets. Ummm no! But I did tell her I would give her an egg and she could grow it. I hate to disappoint you RW but I don't think my body could handle triplets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great news!! I suppose we can all settle for twins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!!! So happy to hear about the good news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea!!! I am so glad it didn't hurt too bad! I know this sounds really strange, but I think I might have seen you there this morning... We were there at 9:15, but the wait was awful, and I don't think they called us back after my blood work until around 10:00. There was a girl there who looked like you based on the pictures I've seen on your blog, and Jan (the receptionist) called her Jaime. If it was you, I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself. I was too afraid it wasn't you! If you weren't there this morning, then I am so glad I didn't walk up to some poor girl in the waiting room and start talking to her! :) I'm glad everything went well today!! I'll be praying that things stay on a positive track! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was me!!! I wish you had talked to me but I completely understand why you didn't. I probably wouldn't have gone up to a stranger either. Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WooHoo I am so excited for you. Yes you most certainly have a pass while you are on those meds. I know I may have been a little nutty on them too. I cannot wait until we hear the good news.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited about your good news! I love you!

    ReplyDelete


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10