Wednesday, February 3, 2010

And The Verdict Is In....Updated

I think IVF is being cancelled. Bummer! I only had three follicles today and one was already at 15mm which is almost mature. It is right on the cusp of being able to stop it from ovulating with the Ganirelix injections but I'm not sure if it will work. It's so frustrating! I produced three follicles on an UNMEDICATED cycle! I don't know what happened! If they can stop that one from ovulating then I could keep taking the meds and hopefully some more will pop up but I'm not sure if she's going to let me do that. I'm waiting for the call.

The bit of good news is that the follicle is on the RIGHT side! I'm actually going to ovulate on my right side this month! What the heck?!? SO - if she cancels my IVF I could still get pregnant by doing IUI which is WAY cheaper. So there is still some hope. I assume they would have to refund my money if IVF was cancelled.

I was pretty upset about it at first but I'm trying to stay positive. There's nothing I can do about it so I'm trying to relax and roll with the punches! I'll update as soon as I know something.

Both of my interviews went pretty well. I don't think the one from yesterday is for me. But today's interview was better. It's a good company with great benefits. The people seemed nice and I would actually be doing real accounting. They hope to be done with interviews by next Wed so I should know something by the end of next week.

On the menu:
Anger with a side of a sadness (j/k) haha
The curry was good last night. I'm thinking of something a little lighter tonight. Maybe a buffalo chicken salad. Yum!

Update: Negative Nancy is gone and Positive Polly is back! The nurse finally called to say that my blood work looked good so they will let me continue with the IVF cycle. I go back on Friday morning to see if any new follicles popped up! Fingers, toes and eyes crossed!

xxoo,
Jaime

4 comments:

  1. Are you guys going to trigger and do an IUI? I would. That would be a waste of three perfect follies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No more negs Nance! Keep positive!! It has to work this month - remember my feeling? Once everything turns out well, you can start paying me to relay my "feelings." I'm praying for you and my potential nieces and nephews which you will house :)

    By the way, I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will keep praying about this cycle. Ganirelix really helped me. We had a cycle cancelled on day 6 of stim because I was about to ovulate on my own. The next time I did Ganirelix starting on Day 4 and it worked perfectly. Believe me I know it's hard, but try and stay positive. They also will refund you money if it ends up getting cancelled (which we hope it doesn't).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for lots of follies next appt! Love you!

    ReplyDelete


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10