Monday, March 29, 2010

We Got The Go Ahead!

Woop! Woop! I still can't believe that I'm on the road to my first IVF egg retrieval! I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. I keep waiting for the phone call that says it's over. I went to the doctor this morning and the nurse counted 13 follicles! 13! Where did the others come from? She said only 8 will be mature by tonight so don't hold out too much hope for those other 5. I trigger tonight and have retrieval Wed morning! I just can't believe it! I'm so scared! There are quite a few steps that have to be taken between retrieval and transfer and even more steps between transfer and pregnancy, but right now I'm closer than I've ever been.

John went with me to the appt this morning. I wanted him to see what ovaries and follicles look like on u/s. He was pretty amazed at it all. The last time I got an u/s he almost passed out so he doesn't come to many appts. But he did really well today. I did, however, make him stay in the waiting room for the blood draw. I'm glad I did. It was the worst ever!!! My one good vein has a callous on it from being stuck so much so it wouldn't bleed. My hand was stuck on Friday and still bruised so she looked at my right arm. She tied it so tight that my whole arm turned purple! It HURT! She called over another nurse to help and that nurse called another nurse... in total it took 3 ladies to find a vein. It was a tiny vein. She got about 10-12 drops of blood before it blew. She looked about as devastated as I was. One of the nurses said to check with the lab b/c it may be enough for what they need to check. She came back in the room screaming "Praise Jesus!" It was enough!

Update: Blood work results showed that I am good to trigger! YAY! John gives me the big needle tonight at 10pm and then we have our appt for retrieval at 10am Wed. I am still in disbelief but it is starting to sink in. I did it! I'm going to make it to retrieval! Praise the Lord!

Unrelated family issue: Our nephew, Mark, is in the hospital in Toronto with pneumonia! Please pray for him to heal quickly! I know his parents must be worried sick! I love you guys!

6 comments:

  1. oh, i'm encouraged for you. i know this sounds crazy, you can ask jessica, i'm not someone who has "feelings", but last night the plum and I were saying our prayers for you (ok, he was asleep and I was rocking him while I prayed his prayers) and I had a real sense of peace about your IFV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alissa! I have been feeling quite peaceful about this one too. I thought it was b/c I just assumed it wouldn't work but I'm still pretty peaceful now even though it looks like I will probably make it to retrieval! Thanks for the prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo! I'm anxiously checking your site! Thank you SWEET JESUS for more good news and only needing those precious few drops of JZ's blood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you and the good news and I will add your nephew to my prayers. Can't wait to see the next post. I need a partner in crime at Heather's Bachelorette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy! One step down and on to prayers for the next hurdle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Yay Yay for more good news!!!! Good luck with the big needle tonight! More prayers for the rest of the journey!!!

    ReplyDelete


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10