Thursday, March 4, 2010

I Have His Car... And He's Not Getting It Back

John is taking my Jeep to get it fixed today so it looks like I'm stuck with the Acura.... darn the luck! I have already been instructed to stay home for the day but I told him I had to go to Walmart. He's going to allow it but he said I have to park in the very last spot! Haha! He's so funny sometimes!

A few of my girls have asked for some recipes:
For LL - Sweet Potato Fries - So easy it's not even a recipe
Wash and peel one large sweet potato
Cut into fries and drizzle with about 1-2 tbsps olive oil
Then sprinkle about a tsp or two of seasoning salt and toss them well to coat
Spread them evenly on a baking pan
Bake at 375 for 45 min tossing them halfway through
For a crispier fry - Set oven to broil for the last 2-4 minutes

For Rhonda - Mexican Casserole - I made it last night!
You'll need 1 can crescent rolls, 2-3 cooked and cubed chicken breasts (or 1 can chicken-drained), 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 block (4 oz) of cream cheese - softened, 1 cup shredded cheese, 1 can rotel - drained well
Spray your 8x8 dish and then put 4 crescent triangles to line the bottom.
Cook these at the temp the crescent rolls say for about 5-6 min. You just want to get them about 3/4 done. Mix all of the other ingredients together reserving a little shredded cheese for the top. Spread this on the partially cooked crescent rolls and then add the remaining 4 triangles to the top. Bake until golden. Then sprinkle on the rest of your cheese and cook a minute or two more until cheese is melted.

Tips: I buy everything "light" or "reduced fat" to shave off some calories for my 168lb husband who thinks he's fat! I have found that the filling is a bit runnier when I do this but it's still good. Just make sure to drain the rotel well. Also, I run my knife through the rotel so it's not so chunky and add a few more jalapenos for more of a kick.

Voila~~

xxoo

3 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for both! I love you and am SO glad I get to see you this weekend...I think I'm having a withdrawal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummo! Thanks! I am going to try both of these ASAP!!

    ReplyDelete


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10