Sunday, March 28, 2010

IVF Still On

The ultrasound went fairly well. I have two mature follicles (measuring 19mm) and six that are getting close (measuring b/w 14 and 15mm). There were two more that were small and probably won't become mature in time. The troubling thing is that she found some fluid around my left ovary. That can indicate ovulation. If one of those boogers ovulated on its own then the cycle is over. She wasn't overly concerned and she hopes it's just some left over fluid from a cyst or something. We'll know for sure when the blood results come back after lunch. Fingers crossed and praying!! The best news was my lining!! It needs to be 8mm or thicker.... mine was 10.5!! Woohooo! It's never been that thick!
UPDATE: Bloodwork was good. My prog was a little elevated which means I am close to ovulation but she said to continue with meds tonight and they'll check me in the morning! So as of now we're still on!!!

Also, I asked about the hematocrit b/c no one ever called to tell me about Friday's results. It had come down a little but was still high. I don't really know what that means either. They want to test it again tomorrow. The blood draws are the worst part about this whole IVF process! However, she did get me first stick today so I can't complain too much.

While I was there I ran into a lady who is at the same point in her cycle as I am. She reads my blog and left me a comment yesterday that she would be at Dr. H's office today so I was looking out for her. We didn't get to talk long before I was called back but it was really nice knowing there are others going through the same thing.

I have another u/s scheduled for tomorrow morning. (I told you this would start going fast!) Hopefully all of them will still be growing and mature! If they are then I will have retrieval Wed!

Stats: E2 was 1,354 & P4 was 1.28

xxoo,
Jaime

5 comments:

  1. it was great to meet you (face to face) this morning! :) hey, send me your email address...mine is kara061179@yahoo.com
    praying for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo!!! I just KNOW that I'm gonna have TWO mommies to be at Bachelorettes at the Beach. I wonder if that's a first? So, so happy & continuing to wrap you in prayers. XXX OOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee!!! Cannot wait to hear more good news. Your IVF#2 had me tearing up at work reading it. I know this has been such a roller coaster for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!! So excited! Love you!

    ReplyDelete


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10