Friday, April 23, 2010

Belated Earth Day

I didn't even realize yesterday was Earth Day when I posted on composting! I guess every day is Earth Day to me! I don't know how an Alabama girl got so green but somehow I did. I feel like God wanted someone to care about His planet even in the south!

My meeting with the recruiter went well yesterday. She said she was going to send my resume in for a Controller position... which scares me. I'm at this weird place in my career. Usually a company will promote to manager at around 5 years of experience. I have 4 1/2 years. So I'm overqualified for a staff position but underqualified for a management position. I'm stuck in the middle again. I told her I was not opposed to starting out at staff and hopefully moving up within a couple of years. One of my other recruiters got me an interview with an insurance company for an accounting position. I think it's management level but it's accounting for securities (what I did at Harbert) and I don't think there are a lot of people with that experience. I have that interview either Monday or Tuesday. So it looks like the market may be looking up...

xxoo

3 comments:

  1. I hope you end up with the perfect job...but try not to get it until after June. haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and keep us posted. Yes you are one of a small group in the south trying the save the planet LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's in June? Can't wait to see you lovely ladies next weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10