Saturday, April 3, 2010

Good News and Bad News

I'll give you the bad news first so I can end with the good news. I'm in the hospital. I had a fever spike yesterday so Dr. H called me in an antibiotic b/c she thought it was a UTI. I woke up several times during the night feeling terrible and even threw up 3 times. I figured it was the antibiotic making me sick. Dr. H told me to come in this morning for some tests. My blood work didn't really show anything was wrong except dehydration. She said in all of the years she's been doing retrievals she has NEVER seen an unexplained fever spike between retrieval and transfer. Of course I would be the first!! She recommended that I be admitted to the hospital because I obviously have some sort of an infection. She wants to be very aggressive so that hopefully I'll be better by Monday for transfer. If I'm not better by then she'll have to freeze the embryos and transfer them next month.... boooo! So let's pray I get better quickly!

The good news is that all three embryos are doing well and still going strong. AND - one of the other two did fertilize and has now started growing. So I have 4 embabies growing! The fourth one is way behind so she's not giving it much hope but I am super excited about it!

Thanks for all of your prayers and support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10