Wednesday, May 5, 2010

3 Years

3 years ago today John and I were standing on a beach in Destin vowing to love each other forever! My how time flies! I didn't think it was possible to love a man as much as I love him. God truly blessed me with a wonderful husband. Ok... ok... enough with the mooshy talk!

Fertility News: My appt today was informative. She explained what adenomyosis is and the different treatments for it. She thinks it is having an effect on my fertility so we definitely want to correct it before transferring my babies. I can either take the testosterone for 3 months, Lupron for 6 months or do surgery if the mass is clumped together rather than randomly diffused throughout my uterus. She did some bloodwork today that should show how bad it is. Dr H herself actually had this and she ended up having a hysterectomy after her children were born. I thought Dr. Google was scary! I don't want a hysterectomy! Let's not think about that now though... The SIS is scheduled for May 19th to see where the mass(es) are. If it's one huge mass she recommends surgery so that we can transfer the babies the next month! Only one month of waiting! However, when she described the surgery I wanted to heave. She will make a 1 1/2 or 2 inch incision, pull my uterus out of my body and then burn or cut out the adenomyosis. Then put the uterus back in! Um WHAT?!? My uterus will be outside of my body? No need to think of that now... we'll wait for my lab results!

xxoo

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I don't know which of those scenarios are worse...I suppose I will just pray for the best path to lead to your babies, whichever that may be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Jess! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10