Monday, May 10, 2010

Marathon Interviews!

What is up with the marathon interviews lately?? I had an interview (3rd interview) this morning that was at 9:30 and I didn't get out of there until 12! This was my 3rd interview! What is there left to talk about??? I don't know but she said the next step would be for me to come back a 4TH time to meet the staff! REALLY? A 4th interview!? Wow! Also, I have an interview tomorrow for the part-time fund accountant position. I received a schedule for the day and I will be meeting with 4 different people! My time slot is 8:30-12:00! I'm going to be STARVING! My stomach was growling during the interview today and it was pretty darn embarrassing! I can't imagine how it will be tomorrow. You know I don't go longer than 2 or 3 hours without eating.

The interview did go pretty well today. The very end was a little awkward when she asked my salary requirements. I told her that for a 40 hr/wk job I would accept less than a 60 hr/wk job. Then I told her the minimum amount I would accept. She stared blankly at me for a second and then said something like, "If we're going to be paying a controller salary then it wouldn't make sense to have you doing accounting clerk work. So maybe we'll hire an A/R & A/P person too." I don't know how much she was expecting but she's asking for an accountant with several years experience and preferably a CPA. I am already asking for 10k less than what I was making at Harbert for Heaven's sake! So I guess we'll have to see if I get asked back for my 4th interview.

Happy Birthday to my wonderful nephew Mark!!!
xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10