Friday, July 2, 2010

3 Year Anniversary

This month marks our 3 year anniversary with infertility. It's hard to imagine that if I had gotten pregnant in July 2007 that we would have a 2 year, 3 month old child right now! I get so angry sometimes about my life being in a perpetual state of waiting. I'm waiting for my life to begin... my life with our child. But looking back, I realize life never stopped. While the last three years have produced some of the saddest, most gut wrenching moments in my life, I have also had great joy. I have lived, I have survived and I have thrived!

I certainly hope that we don't make it to the next anniversary but I am thankful for some things that infertility has given me. If we had gotten pregnant right away, we wouldn't have the pupster - Lexi, we wouldn't have bought our new house in Nov 2007, I probably wouldn't have my Supper Club girls, I probably wouldn't have left KPMG so soon which means I wouldn't have started at Harbert... I would have had a completely different path! It is true that I would give all of this up for a precious child of my own - Sorry Supper Club girls and Harbert Ladies. However, if this transfer works, I will have gotten all of the above blessings AND a child. I choose to believe that God wanted me on this path which is why He hasn't granted my miracle... yet. Hopefully my path turns next month toward a child but even if it doesn't, I'll be ok. I'll know that God still has a few more blessings in store for us before He gives us the ultimate blessing!

xxoo

1 comment:

  1. He definitely has more blessings in store for you! Praying for this transfer to be one of those blessings!

    ReplyDelete


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10