Thursday, July 22, 2010

Firm Retreat

My office had a firm retreat today. We all met at our CEO's lake house for some team building. His house was GORGEOUS! I could only dream of such a nice main house but this was his LAKE house! Crazy! The retreat was a great way to get to know people better and show off our competitive spirits. We had a catapult making contest and my team came in next to last. Those who know me know that this did NOT sit well with me. But I was a good sport. It was about 6,482 degrees outside so most of the people (including myself) didn't stick around after the competition to fish. I was sweating through my shirt after only being out there 30 minutes for the contest! He's also throwing a firm lake party on Aug 14th so the hunt is on to find a one piece swim suit. Any suggestions?

I'll finish off my fun day with the Supper Club girls at Heather's tonight. I can't wait to try some new recipes!

Fertility News: I received my FET calendar in the mail today! It shows a transfer date of Aug 5th so that's the day unless something bad happens at my appt next Friday... I also wanted to explain something about the snowbabies. There's about a 60-70 % chance that they'll both survive the thawing process. So there is a very real risk that one or both of the snowbabies may not survive. That will dictate how many I can transfer.
I told the three women I feel closest to in my office about the IVF. I've never been secretive about it but I don't want it to define me either. Well during lunch today one of them outed me in front of our whole table (about 5 other girls.) I couldn't believe it! She didn't know that I'm cool with talking about my struggles. For all she knew I could have been super emotional and started crying on the spot! But she is also the one who offered the "helpful" suggestion that I hold a baby for 48 straight hours. You know, because David Bowie's wife did it and it worked for her... problem solved.

Side note: I just noticed that the numbers I used for the degrees above (6,482) are all even numbers. My obsession with even numbers continues!

xxoo

4 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for those little snow babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Macy's or Target for the swim suit...

    I'm praying to the snow babes!

    Did someone REALLY suggest holding a baby for 48 straight hours????? Really?????!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything But Water has a ton of swimsuits so I'm sure you can find one there. Can't wait for August 5!

    ReplyDelete
  4. August 5th!!! How exciting. I am sorry about your experience with your co-worker. She needs to read your education piece on "Advice Infertiles do not want". Really holding a baby for 48 hours - what a quack!! HA!!! Hope you and John are able to stop by on Saturday night.

    ReplyDelete


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10