Sunday, August 29, 2010

5dp5dt

Wow this PIO (progesterone in oil) is really kicking my tail. Last night's shot was terrible! It hurts to walk, sit, or lie down... I just can't get comfortable. Here's a picture of my poor tookus.
The picture quality is terrible on purpose. I want to post this picture so other PIO users can see what my bruise looks like but I don't want it to show too much... if you know what I mean. I scoured the internet trying to find anything on PIO shots and bruising. Lots of women have said they bruised but there were no pictures to see if mine looked like theirs. Hopefully my post will help out someone in the future if they experience this problem. The one thing I did find is that I should probably do a vaginal progesterone (which I already had thankfully) because the PIO may not be absorbing into the muscle properly.

SO - Due to my issues with the PIO I have decided to have my beta (pregnancy blood test) on Thursday. I was putting it off because I was too scared of the outcome but I just can't keep doing these shots if there's no reason to do them. So scary - 4 days!!

As for the rest of my body (minus my bum) I'm doing pretty well. I've been reading the book "The Noticer" that a friend of mine from my old job gave me. It has really helped with my worrying. It taught me a method to divert my brain from worry to thankfulness. I was skeptical at first but it has helped so much.

Here's a typical scenario of my thoughts:
Groping myself I think "Oh no! My BBs aren't as sore as they were yesterday! And I haven't felt nauseous today! OMG! It didn't work! What if it didn't work! What if I went through all of this for nothing! What will I do! STOP!!! I'm thankful for my husband. I'm thankful for my pupsicle. I'm thankful for my friends and family. I'm thankful I have food to eat." I will continue to list everything I am thankful for until the panic passes. I do this around 6,582 times a day! haha! Sometimes I have to get creative about what I list because it takes a little longer for the panic to pass. I have been thankful for toilet paper and electricity and pillows... haha. It truly makes me feel better though.

xxoo

3 comments:

  1. Ouch! That looks like it hurts! Thanks for posting it, so us possible future IVF'ers know what we could be getting into. :)

    I am so excited for you to get your beta! Oh, the excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might be allergic to the PIO. I had a friend that it happened to and she couldn't take the PIO. I iced my back before and after the shot and it helped a lot. It helps minimize swelling and num it before the shot. I hope this helps. If you need any crinone let me know, I have plenty I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful for toilet paper too! Think of the alternative. Your poor bruised body! Praying for those babies and you and John!

    ReplyDelete


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10