Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Before and After Pictures

Recap of transfer day:

John and I both took off work the whole day. I woke up and started cleaning with all of my nervous energy. At about 10am I took the Va.lium and tried to do some meditation and visualizations. I cried and prayed and left it with God. John pulled the car around and we were off to the hospital. He held my hand the entire way there (that never happens.) We're not much for talking about serious stuff so that one little gesture let me know that he was just as nervous and excited as I was. We got there a few minutes early (we were excited) and had to wait for a bit. When we got back to the room I realized that I was supposed to have a full bladder. The nurse quickly made me chug a 20 oz water and hope that I would be ready by the time I got in the surgical room. She gave me a teddy bear and I also had my snowbaby that Stacey gave me. Here's a picture before the transfer.
Unfortunately, I wasn't ready when we got back there. We had to wait another 30 minutes for my bladder to finally be full enough for transfer. Dr. H came in and told me that the embryos looked fabulous. She performed the transfer and then we all held hands and prayed. Here's my first pregnant picture!


We got home and John made me this delicious salad (I got the idea from Urban Standard Cafe). It's called the Superfoods salad. It has spinach, blueberries, strawberries, cucumber, avocado, walnuts and feta cheese. I'll be eating this salad for the next two weeks for sure!
These two weeks are probably going to be the longest two weeks ever! Try to keep me entertained if you see me! :)

xxoo

4 comments:

  1. These two weeks will be so hard but we'll all be praying for you and thinking about you throughout the duration.

    "Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace." Philippians 4:6

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Jaime. You (and that salad) look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful pregnant woman!! Yummy looking salad....SO looking forward to hearing about this success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JZ, I'm sorry I wasn't around this last week! Praying praying praying! Love you!

    ReplyDelete


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10