Friday, September 17, 2010

Creepy Crawlies

Julie brought it to my attention that I haven't posted this week. Well... I guess I just needed a small break. I've been really busy at work and my nights have been filled with girl time and hubby time. Also, I used to have something to talk about every day and now it's just the ramblings of my life. They're not nearly as interesting as my IVF drama but I'll try to keep you entertained.

On to the title of my post: Creepy Crawlies! We have been attacked by a plethora of icky bugs this week. We started the week finding two scorpions in the house. Then I was attacked leaving Jessica's house by no less than a gazillion roaches. Also this week we found two of the below hanging out on my jalapeno bush.


I don't know what this is but there appears to be a stinger on its butt! Have you ever heard of a caterpillar with a stinger? Not me!

I have an ethical dilemma each time I am faced with a creepy crawler. My scaredy cat side wants it to be dead. However, my mooshy heart wants it to scurry away without harm. So many days around our house, John is reluctantly trying to coax a spider, beetle, or some other bug on to a piece of paper to tote it outside and set it free. Or I am fanning a broom at a wasp trying to urge it to the door. It just breaks my heart seeing them bang into the window over, and over, and over again. All they want to do is get outside!! (BTW - I do know that this is not normal brain activity and that I WAY over analyze things but it's part of what makes me... me.)

Sports news: Tristan has her first volleyball tournament tomorrow. She's had after school games but this is the first actual tournament. I know she'll do well!!
Also, Alabama is playing Duke tomorrow! Roll Tide! We're undefeated so far so let's keep it going!

xxoo

1 comment:

  1. That is a CREEPY creepy crawlie! Cool, but creepy. I also hate killing bugs. If it inside and something like a spider or fast crawling bug, I will usually kill it, but if it is smaller and less frightening, I try to take it outside. Don't wanna hurt the little buggers!

    ReplyDelete


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10