Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Shrimp and Grits

That’s what my Supper Club ladies will be feasting on tomorrow night. I really shouldn’t attempt a new recipe for a Supper Club but I want to do something different. Shrimp and Grits sounds like a winner! I’ll report back on Friday with reviews...

I could use some suggestions for preparing the shrimp. Here’s what I’m planning to do:

1. Saute 2 cloves garlic, prosciutto and ½ small onion in a small amount of olive oil*

2. Add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes until pink

3. Squeeze ½ lemon over the shrimp and sprinkle 1 tbsp* parsley

4. Add ½ cup* of heavy cream to deglaze the pan and give the sauce creaminess

5. Spoon the shrimp with sauce over the grits

*This will all be by eye as I very rarely whip out a measuring cup in my kitchen.

What do you guys think? Do you know of any other spices or accompaniments that would make this dish sing?

I’ll also be preparing skinny green beans with prosciutto and slivered almonds as the side dish....also a new recipe... YIKES! At least there will be an appetizer, salad and dessert in case I mutilate the main course!

Also, I’m really scared I’m not going to prepare enough. I don’t eat very much so I tend to underestimate the amount normal people eat. How many pounds of shrimp will 7 small ladies eat??

xxoo

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Are we having your creamy, cheesy grits on Sunday? Please say yes. :)

    ReplyDelete


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10