Thursday, January 6, 2011

Meet the Over-reactor


You thought it was going to be a picture of me didn’t you? Oh contraire! The Hubs is definitely the over-reactor in our household. Let me set the scene: I’m upstairs doing laundry when out of nowhere I hear a screaming string of swear words. I run downstairs anticipating something horrible... surely only a severed limb would warrant that type of profanity and screaming. I prepare myself for the gruesomeness I’m about to see as I round the corner and there he is; standing in front of the TV with the remote in his hand. I look around to see what could have happened when another scream comes from his mouth and the remote is thrown to the couch. “What is wrong?” I ask and his reply is, “The %*%&$ TV won’t turn on! That’s the problem!!” Really? Really? I almost tumbled down the stairs trying to get down here to call 911 because you can’t turn on the TV? Really?

Another example: He received a phone call and this was his side of the conversation in a low, somber voice... “Hello? What? Oh no. Really? Jesus Christ... how could this happen? (long pause with a deep breath) I don’t know; I’ll have to call you back.” A million different things raced through my brain... is someone hurt, is someone sick, is someone (gulp) dead? I waited for him to hang up and then gave him a hug. I gingerly asked what happened and he started yelling about a nail in my tire! Seriously?? I thought something catastrophic had happened but it was about my tire??

While he overreacts about dumb things, he under-reacts about big things. Case in point – When we found out I was pregnant. I couldn’t look so I made him go in the bathroom and tell me what the stick said. He didn’t jump up and down or do a dance. He just said “Pregnant.” It was so underwhelming that I thought I didn’t hear him correctly and made him say it again. Where is all of the intensity and passion that I hear when he stubs his toe or gets caught in some traffic? He’s a crazy man but I love him to pieces... even when he is firing a slew of profanities at the poor, unsuspecting TV.

xxoo

2 comments:

  1. This post made me laugh hysterically. I guess we all have our quirks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shout it louder, Or go out and reach others who have not heard of it .it is real Dr climent HERBAL Center is really doing a great works within and outside just try it and you will testify just as i am testifying now, i have this infection that lead to womb blockage and there was no hope at all the hospital i went said nothing but that there on hope for 4 years that i have waited no child then i came across Dr climent HERBAL Center now and he is a wonderful native herbalist who told me he can do it but i was scared because i have not take anything drugs natural before but since i had no child i have to comply with the rules and regulation and now am carrying my child just try it and see your time to celebrate has come . you can reach Dr climent HERBAL Center via email : drclimentscott@gmail.com +2347036879479 +2347036879479 drclimentscott@gmail.com +2347036879479 +2347036879479

    ReplyDelete


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10