Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fat Tuesday

It's Fat Tuesday... the last day to partake in whatever it is you choose to give up for Lent (if anything.) I chose to give up soda and fried food. While I only drink 1/2 - 3/4 of an ice cold Coca Cola every day, it will be one of the hardest things for me to let go. It is definitely an addiction! So this morning I savored every last drop of my last Coke until Easter. I plan to use my cravings as a way to get closer to God. I'll pray a quick "Thank you for all you have done for me" every morning when I'm itching for that delicious goodness.

I don't think the fried food will be as difficult for me. We don't eat out that much and I don't fry anything at home. I guess the hardest part might be giving up chips... I'll let you know.

PS. I think a cyst ruptured today. One down! Nine to go!

xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10