Friday, April 1, 2011

Birth Month

Another year has come and gone bringing the total number of years I’ve been on this planet to 34... ahhhh! Mid 30’s! It’s also my sister’s birth month (she’s the day before mine) and she will be 39! Whew- That makes me feel a little better! Haha! I certainly don’t feel like I’m in my mid 30’s. I often still feel like a teenager skipping around and giggling every time someone says “duty.” And my sister definitely doesn’t look 39. It’s so hard to believe that she’ll be 40 next year! 40 used to seem so old.... 34 used to seem so old!
My past few birthdays have been all over the place. The even numbered birthdays have been great but the odd numbered ones were the worst I have ever experienced. Again, this enhances my love of even numbers. Let’s recap the last few years, shall we?

28 was the year I met John. I came up to Birmingham to go out with some friends for my birthday and destiny brought John into my life. So, yes, that was a FABULOUS birthday!

30 was a great year too! I was planning my wedding to my wonderful man and thinking about our exciting honeymoon to Italy... a place I had always wanted to go. We went out with lots friends the night of my birthday and had a great time.

Then came 31. It wins, hands down, as the worst birthday I’ve ever had. The beginning of the month started out wonderfully. I was early into a pregnancy and had just seen the heartbeat. Such a miracle. It all fell apart on April 7th, the day before my birthday. An ultrasound determined that our baby had stopped growing. That was less than a year into our TTC journey so I wasn’t as open about things. Only a handful of people knew we were expecting. I was so thankful that night that I hadn’t told my friends because John had to leave to go coach a soccer game and I had plans to go out to dinner with the KPMG girls. Even though I broke down as I was headed there and as soon as I left the restaurant, while I was there I slapped on a smile and laughed my cares away. It was exactly what I needed to get my mind off of my heartache for a few hours. I will forever be grateful to those girls. They helped me get through the worst night of my life.

32 was a good year. John tried really hard to make up for the previous year so he was extremely sweet and attentive. So were all of my friends and family.

Then I got smacked in the face by 33. I had just undergone my first IVF. I thought I may find out I was pregnant around my birthday but NO! I developed an infection and was hospitalized for 5 days. I didn’t even get to transfer my babies! I was released the day before my birthday and still felt terrible for a week after that. My friends, family and John tried to make it special but my heart wasn’t in it. I was depressed and sad and angry and frustrated and hurt.... you get the idea.

Now it’s time for 34 and hopefully this will be a fabulous one! I already have plans with the Supper Club Girls Thursday night, I’m going to dinner with the hubs Friday night and will probably go visit my family Saturday and Sunday since Tristan has her softball tournament in Tuscaloosa that weekend. Now I just need to schedule some time with the KPMG Girl’s and we’ll be good to go!

xxoo

3 comments:

  1. I remember the night of your 31st birthday. I'm all teary thinking about it. You name it the place for where you want to go this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 34, 35, 36 you get the idea... are all going to be great! I can't believe another year has past. And I can't believe you posted how old we are!! Praying for a great fertile month.

    ReplyDelete


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10