Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Announcement

May I have your attention please. John and I have made a life changing decision. When we return from Canada we are going to proceed with adoption. This is a new and exciting experience for us. I can't speak for John but I have many emotions going on right now.... overwhelmed, relieved, nervous, scared, excited, and exhilarated just to name a few. Please pray that we make the right decisions and that our baby finds us soon.

I'm overwhelmed by all of the options and decisions that need to be made. I feel like I know most everything about infertility but next to nothing about adoption. I'm nervous about not passing the home study because of the lupus which, by the way, I'm going to the doctor June 21st to see if he'll take away that diagnosis. It's obvious that I don't really have it. I'm scared that it will take years for a birth mother to pick us. I'm sad for our soon-to-be-child that one day he/she will feel like his/her birth parents abandoned him/her. I'm also sad for the birth mother who is giving up her child. I'm flabbergasted by the amount of money adoption is going to cost. I'm thrilled that we'll get to realize our dream of extending our family. I'm excited to have a child of my own no matter how that child comes into our lives. I read a great quote but now can't find it so I'll have to paraphrase...

Our plans for having a child didn't change; just the method of delivery.

xxoo

7 comments:

  1. That is so exciting!! Not sure what kind of adoption ya'll are going to do..but check out my sister-in-law and brother-in-laws blog about adopting a baby girl. They are in South Korea now getting her. Here is the link http://www.howthebushgrows.com/How_The_Bush_Grows/Our_Home_Blog/Our_Home_Blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations girl on your new decision. You know how close to my heart adoption is and all of your fears and anxieties were my own as well. Call me any time with questions or just to chat about your fears. I wish you and John the best with your new adoption journey and cannot wait to read the updates. Have fun in Canada!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so excited for y'all! I'll be praying for y'all and the upcoming addition to the Z house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, if the doc takes away your diagnosis, you know you'll surely never hear the end of the shopping days "I'm tired. I need a drink. I have to eat something. Can we rest for a minute?" complaining :) I will officially get to bring it up for the rest of your life - lucky you! It's out of love though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is so exciting! I think that's awesome! Do come by my blog during ICLW and beyond, I am announcing a special giveaway for those that are pursuing adoption or already adopted.
    I wanted to thank you for having my link because you are one of my biggest referring sites! More people come to my site (from yours) than from twitter or even facebook! That's pretty cool!! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. JZ, I haven't been on the blogs in a while! I'm such a slacker. I am so excited! I love you to the moon and back a gazillion times over!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please let me know if you need anything. An update on us. We had a conference call with our birth father yesterday and he is dropping everything and signing papers! So Micah will be ours forever. it all will work out!
    Praying for you guys!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10