Saturday, June 18, 2011

House Guest

Do you guys know that song, "People let me tell you about my best friend..." Well I've had that song stuck in my head ever since our house guest came yesterday morning. She and Lexi have been inseparable (even when Lexi sometimes wants to separate.) Carly is still a puppy so she has way more energy than my old lady, Lexi. She is so cute though!

This is one where she's trying to entice the old lady to get down and play with her.

They're both pooped here.

Carly having her way with Lexi.

BFF!

We'll have Carly until next Friday and I'm sure Lexi will be sad to see her go.

What's for dinner: I haven't posted a "What's for dinner" segment in a while. My Supper Club Thursday gave me some inspiration - Shrimp Tacos

They were so good I made them for the hubs last night. I didn't get the recipe but I figured out what was in them so here it is.

Chop the following:
Cooked and chilled shrimp
1/4 red onion (You could use more or less depending on your taste)
1/2 mango - chopped
1/2 avocado - chopped
1 jalapeno - minced
1 garlic clove - minced
Juice 3/4 of a lime
1 handful of cilantro (chopped fine)
1/2 teaspoon EVOO
Salt and Pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together and let them marinate for 30 minutes before serving.
Serve with whole wheat tortillas, salsa and black beans as a side.

Delish! Thanks for the inspiration Jaime!

xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10