Friday, August 12, 2011

Recipes

Warning - My recipes are terrible because I don't measure anything! I am fully aware that this annoys some people and I apologize in advance. :)

Stuffed Jalapenos
6 Big jalapenos or 8 smaller ones
1/2 package cream cheese
2 cloves garlic - minced
Chives (maybe a 1/2 teaspoon or to taste)
1/4 cup shredded cheddar
1 tbsp sour cream
1 package thinly sliced prosciutto

1. Wash and cut the tops off of the jalapenos. You can either leave whole or cut in half length wise. I usually cut in half. Scoop out all of the ribbing and seeds. (Note: The jalapenos I grow seem to be a lot hotter than the ones I get at the store so reserve a little bit of the insides if you're using store bought and want them to be spicy.)
2. Mix together the softened cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar, minced garlic and chives. If you want your peppers spicier you can add a little bit of those reserved seeds and ribbing. You can also add a tbsp of juice from pickled jalapenos to loosen up the mixture a bit if you have a jar of those around.
3. Load those bad boys up with your mixture.
4. If you halved your jalapenos - Cut one slice of prosciutto into four strips and wrap one strip around each stuffed pepper.
5. Spray a pan with oil and place the wrapped peppers on it.
6. Cook for 15ish minutes (until they look done) at 375.

Pizza
Dough: I use canned pizza dough but I hear the Publix ball dough is good.
Sauce: Combine 1/3ish jar Classico tomato basil marinara sauce, 1tbsp sugar (I like a sweeter pizza sauce), and some oregano (to taste) in a sauce pan and cook for 20ish minutes to reduce the sauce.
Toppings: Start by heating a saute pan and add 2 cloves of minced garlic and some oil... maybe 2 tbsp. Add sliced mushrooms, chopped onion, chopped peppers, chopped squash and zucchini. Saute for about 7-8ish minutes or until the veggies look close to done but still crisp.
Assemble the pizza: Spread the dough out on a pan and spread sauce. Lightly sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes then remove and all of your toppings. I also add black olives, prosciutto and chopped jalapenos. Lightly sprinkle with more cheese then cook for another 4-5 minutes. I bake at 375 because that's what the direction on the can of dough says. So follow the cooking directions of the dough. Also, all ovens are a little different so if yours runs a little hot or a little cool then you can adjust the temp accordingly.

Finaly - Kelly P sent the recipes for the stuffed peppers from Supper Club but they're on my work email so I'll post them next week. Luckily her directions are way better than mine!

Hope you guys have a great weekend!

xxoo


No comments:

Post a Comment


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10