Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Life

I sometimes step back, take a deep breath, and soak up the fact that I have everything I have dreamed about for the past five years!  I want to live in the moment and remember every minute of this sweet little boy's life!  With the amount of work it takes to care for him I can sometimes get wrapped up in tasks rather than his life.  Bottles, laundry, diapers, shopping and constantly worrying that I'm not giving him everything he needs can take a lot out of a gal... But I'm working on it!  I know I'm not going to be a perfect mom and all I can do is enjoy my time with him.

Chillin'
We have started practicing eating from a spoon.  He's just eating formula off the spoon right now and we'll add cereal after his 4 month check up.  I think more ended up on the bib than in his belly but he's getting the hang of it.  In a few weeks I'm sure he'll be a pro... just in time for real food!


Couldn't you just get lost in those eyes??

He still has blue eyes but I think I can see some flecks of brown trying to come through.  I'm betting he'll have brown eyes but Yia Yia and Tristan are betting blue.  We'll see.

I love him so much that it makes me tear up just to think about him.  He's really a good baby.  He only cries when he's hungry or fighting sleep.  He wakes up every morning playing quietly by himself.  We're greeted with a big, gummy smile when he sees us.  Such a sweet boy!

The past two days we have dropped a bottle.  He's now taking six bottles/day and going to bed between 7:30 and 8:00.  He has been waking up at 12:30-1:00 and then sleeping until 7:30am.  I can't really complain about that.  He's a big boy and needs that nightly bottle.  I wish we could increase his other feedings but his reflux is so bad that he vomits if you get him too full.  Hopefully he'll grow out of this when we start solids.

xxoo

2 comments:

  1. His eyes are gorgeous! (Just like the rest of him). I am so happy for you. I cant say that enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to ask you some questions about adoption. Would you please email me at ashleywoolley@gmail.com? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10