Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Baby Dedication

Lexi stealing a kiss

Dancing with Big Sister
 Mom Z is counting down the days until she leaves.  We're counting them down too but for a different reason...because we're sad.  I can't believe she's leaving in 9 days!  What are we going to do??  She has been such an amazing help and I know Christian loves spending this time with her.  He sure does love her!  And so do we!
A rare photo of mom and lil man!
 Sunday I took him to church and he stayed in the nursery the first time.  The director asked if I could stay and volunteer... they were short handed.  So I got to stay in his class and watch how he interacted.  He didn't really interact though.  He watched them some but mostly he played by himself.  I'm sure this will change once he's in school... in less than 2 weeks.  Eeek!

We also set the date for his dedication.  It will be September 23rd.  Yay!  Don't worry Greek family... we plan to have him Christened when we come to Canada.  We figure it can't hurt to do it twice!  Not only will he have a Dedication and a Christening; he will also have two sets of godparents.  (Two different religions need two different sets of godparents!) He will have his Alabama godparents - Josh and Jessica.  And he will have his Greek godparents - Uncle Dan and Aunt Kristine.  He is one lucky little boy!

I could just gobble up those cheeks!
His weight has plateaued over the last few weeks.  He's only gained 1 lb in the past three weeks.  He's now up to 21 lbs!  He's been fussy a good bit around nap time so we think he's close to getting a tooth.  He gnaws on anything and everything!  He mostly sleeps through the night.  Maybe once or twice a week he'll wake up in the middle of the night crying.  We still wake him up at 10:30pm for a dream feed and then he usually sleeps until 6-6:30.  Can't complain about that!  He still has his blue eyes.  Mom Z is determined that they will stay blue... we'll see.  I would love to have a blue eyed little man but I really feel they'll end up being brown like mine.

Prayer requests:
I haven't requested prayers in quite a while.  I think I felt I used up all of my requests over the past 4 years of infertility!  But that's just ridiculous!  There's always room for prayers!

1.  Please pray for my uncle and his two children.  He is in ICU and he's not doing well.  My cousins are adults but it's terrible to lose your father no matter what age you are.

2.  Please pray for my co-worker's grandson.  He's 8 months old and just got out of the hospital.  He's in and out of the hospital with many tummy issues.  He has severe bladder reflux and his urinary tract tubes were deformed.  Therefore, they had to cut a hole in his tummy and collect his urine in a bag to bypass his tubes.  This past visit to the hospital was 9 days for an infection.  Please pray that there will be no more infections and that he can stay healthy until he can get his surgery to fix his tubes at 1 year old.  I just can't imagine my little man being so sick.  It breaks my heart!

xxoo

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see my godson on Saturday! Love him!! That's a cute photo of the two of you. Praying for your friends.

    ReplyDelete


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10