Friday, August 3, 2012

Yia Yia

Yia Yia left today...  we're so sad.  I feel like Christian has been looking for her today but I don't know for sure.  There were times that I took him upstairs or into the kitchen and he got a big grin.  Like he was expecting her to be in there.  Hopefully he'll transition well.  Hopefully we'll transition well!! Haha!  It's easy to say that we'll miss her cooking and the fact that she took such good care of little man, but I'll also miss her company.  It was nice to have someone to talk to when John was working late, or at Tristan's softball or at his softball.  It was nice to have her there when I had questions about C.  I feel like most everything I do with him is trial and error so it made me feel a lot better if she agreed with whatever I was trying.

This has been a busy week for us. We had the finalization Wednesday, Yia Yia left today, he has his 6 mo check up today and we'll start day care on Monday.  We dropped off some of his supplies for day care after his appt today.  John got to meet his teacher and was a little nervous about the sanitary-ness of the toys.  I told him that is the nature of day care and that he will most likely be sick within 2 weeks of starting.  Let's pray he's a healthy little man!

6 month stats:  He was 21.5 lbs and 27 1/2 inches.  That put him in the 98% for weight and 75% in height.  That means he's a little heavy for his height.  Hmmmm.  There's not much we can do about that... he's a hungry boy.  The doctor said it's fine and that he'll start to thin out in a few months when he's crawling.  He's pretty active now that he can sit and roll so I'm sure he'll be even more active when he's fully mobile!

We downloaded the pictures from Yia Yia's camera over the past three months.  Here's how much this little guy has changed in the time that she's been here:

First week here

2nd week here
Sometime during the 1st month here

Sometime during the 2nd month

Three weeks ago

Last week

Adoption Hearing - Wednesday
Yesterday - How much does he love her!!!
xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10