Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Overprotective Mom

Some people might say that I'm an overprotective mom... I have now switched Christian's daycare AND pediatrician.  We really like his new daycare.  They give him lots of attention and floor time.  Maybe that's why he's developing so quickly lately.  I haven't picked him once in a dirty diaper.  I can go online and watch the video cameras.  I know that he's not crying and upset all day like the other daycare told me.  This is a much better fit for our little man.  Since that change went so well we decided to go ahead and change his doctor too.  I have been thinking of changing his pediatrician since the beginning.  I never really liked him.  Since little big man is STILL sick we decided to make an appt with a well respected pediatrician's office in town.  He went this morning and did really well.  He didn't even cry when they pricked his finger for the CBC.  Such a sweet boy!  He did cry for the chest x-ray though.  John and I both had to hold him down and it was terrible.  The x-ray looked good but the CBC showed that he was fighting some sort of illness.  His ears and chest looked fine so she decided that it was most likely a sinus infection.  We started another antibiotic tonight... hopefully he doesn't have another reaction!

My dad got to go home from the hospital today!  He and my mom were so excited!  He also got the results back on his lymph nodes.  3 out of 15 showed signs of cancer so he'll be doing a round of chemo.  It's not the best news but it definitely could have been worse.  Please pray that one round will get it and he pulls through with flying colors!


2 comments:

  1. Praying for your dad!! Sounds like you are doing all the right things with Christian - he is only lucky little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying!! And you aren't being overprotective!

    ReplyDelete


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10