Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Running

Several people at work decided to run a 5k in February.  I have never been nor do I ever plan to be a runner.  I can do an hour of aerobics with the best of them but I'll hyperventilate after 5 minutes of running.  I know... I'm a specimen of athletic ability! haha.  However, I decided that if I have a goal and something to aim for, I could try the 5k and see how it goes.  Several of my coworkers decided that a 30 min 5k was a good goal.  I went along with it not knowing just how out of shape I am.  I got on the treadmill yesterday to check my time.  I "ran" a mile in 15 minutes and thought I was going to pass out doing that.  Since a 5k is 3.1 miles, I will have to run a 9 minute mile! Ha!!  That is one lofty goal!  I'll let you know how I progress.  In the past year I have gotten a slap on the wrist for my blood pressure and my cholesterol.  I could certainly use a little aerobic activity!

Little man may be able to run with me by next month!  I am amazed how quickly he is picking up walking.  He can now walk about 8-10 steps at a time.  He doesn't have to pull up on furniture now.  He can stand up in the middle of the room and walk to where he wants to go.  He's still quite wobbly and falls down A LOT but he's getting there.

His mouth is much better but he's still super stuffy and congested.  Hopefully he'll get over it soon.

Here's a video from tonight of him learning the word "No." FYI - I was telling him no because he was getting too close to the stairs.

video
xxoo

1 comment:


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10