Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I did it!

I ran my first 5K and I wasn't the last person to finish!  Yay!  Of course, Saturday was the coldest day in the last few weeks so I was freezing!  My goal was to run it under 45 minutes and I ran it in just under 42 minutes!  I know that's not a great time but it was great for me!  John ran it with me and was basically running circles around me.  I know it was hard for him to hold back and stay with me, especially since he's so competitive.  But he did and it was a great bonding experience.

Christian started a new class on Monday.  I am not adjusting very well.  I have shed quite a few tears about it.  They say he is adjusting well but I've been watching him on the cameras and he doesn't seem very happy. He cries when John leaves him in the morning too which he never did with his old class.  These teachers just aren't as affectionate or attentive as his old teachers.  Hopefully it will get better over the next couple of weeks.  I mean it's not like they're torturing him or anything. I'm just an overprotective, overly sensitive mom.  He doesn't look too upset here does he??  Even though I totally messed up his hair while trying to trim his bangs!


Yia Yia and Papou went back to Canada Sunday morning.  We thoroughly enjoyed their visit and miss them already.  Christian loved being spoiled by them.

Tristan has her first high school softball game tomorrow night.  We are so proud of her!  She made the varsity team as a Freshman.  Pretty amazing!

xxoo

1 comment:


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10