Friday, February 1, 2013

The Call

Yesterday marked the one year anniversary that we received "The Call."  The call that changed our lives forever.  I couldn't have imagined how different my life would be when she was telling me about this opportunity that she was only about 30-40% sure would come to be.  I remember her asking me if we would like to pursue this adoption when there were so many uncertainties.  That decision.... that one decision.... would have changed everything.  But there was no question in my mind.  If God was presenting this opportunity then we need to pursue.  I thank God every day that we did. 

The past few weeks have been incredibly busy.  John is working a lot.  He hasn't been getting home until right around the time that I'm putting Christian down.  I have been working a lot.  I've been logging in from home after lil man goes to sleep.  I have been sick for two weeks with a sinus infection that wouldn't budge.  I'm now on my second round of antibiotics and they seem to be doing the trick.  Thankfully Christian and John haven't been sick.  Lil man just seems to keep a crusty nose but he's good other than that.  Tristan has softball practice every day for 4 hours a day.  She doesn't like it.  That's too much... she has school and a social life too.  They shouldn't be working 14 year olds that hard.  I hope she doesn't burn out.  She's always loved softball so much.  She has her first high school dance tonight.  It's a Saddie Hawkins dance where she had to ask the boy.  John got some pictures and said he was going to sneak in a threat to the little kid who was her date. Haha!  And one more thing to top off an eventful few weeks, I had to have a colonoscopy today.  My mom came up last night so she could take me this morning.  The prep was the worst part!  But everything turned out well and I didn't have any abnormalities.  Hopefully my dad didn't pass down his bad colon to me.  Thank goodness I won't have to have another one for 5 years.

We are so excited that tomorrow Yia Yia and Papou are coming.  They're staying for two weeks! YAY!  Maybe we can talk them into a few more :)
First time on a swing
Swinging
Tristan with her date

No comments:

Post a Comment


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10