Friday, March 22, 2013

Words

Christian's verbal skills are taking off!  He can now say Mommy (mama), Daddy (daddy), Lexi (La La), Pop and Papou (Pa), Yia Yia (yaya), Bubbles (bubble), Balloon (boon), Bye Bye (buh buh), More (sounds the same as mama), Banana (nana), and Mum Mum (mumum).  He's so funny when he says mum mum.  He'll go over to the cabinet where I keep the mum mums and yell.  Then he turns around to make sure we're looking and makes the "more" sign while saying mumumum.  Haha.  The kid can eat.  I feel like he eats way more than the average child his age.  Yesterday for dinner he had:

2 slices of eggplant parmesan
1/2 container of diced carrots
1/2 slice of cheese
1/2 banana
1/4 of a peanut butter sandwich b/c he was still feverishly signing "more" at me
A graham cracker for dessert

Is that normal for a 13 month old?  I had to stop him too... he still wanted more.

Say AAHHHH


He's a climber.  He's so proud of himself for getting on top of the coffee table.

He loves his slide that his Aunt Kristine and Uncle Dan got him.

He loves this toy leaf blower that blows Bubbles!
He loves to climb on everything!  He can now hold on to the rails of the stairs, step down on to the first step, turn himself around and crawl backwords down all of the stairs.  He blows me away with how independent he is.  A lot of kids his age still can't even walk and he has already mastered the stairs. 

He's had a pretty bad week at daycare.  I've picked him up early every day.  When John drops him off in the morning he has a meltdown.  On Monday and Tuesday his teachers said he was pretty upset for most of the day.  He was a little better throughout the day on Wednesday and Thursday but still having severe meltdowns in the morning.  He was a bit better this morning and pretty good throughout the day.  I hope this is just a phase and he'll do better next week.

I feel like I say this with every different stage but... This is my favorite age so far.  He's so curious, funny, and lively.  He understands almost everything we say to him now so we can tell him to "Get your milk and go sit in your chair" and he does it!  We giggled and giggled today because I was making a fish face at him and he was trying so hard to make one back at me.  He is so stinking cute!

Tuesday was my Dad's last chemo treatment! Woohoo!  Thanks to all who have been thinking of him and praying for him.  I know he's glad to be done!

xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10