Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there... and especially to my mom.  I never realized how hard, thrilling, exhausting, emotional and wonderful it was for my mom to raise us until I became a mom myself.  Thanks for everything.

I also want to acknowledge the women reading this who are still waiting to become mothers.  This day was very difficult for me during my four years of infertility.  Hang in there...

I had a great day today!  Christian slept until 6:30 this morning!  Woohoo!  And then John got up with him and let me lie in the bed until 7:15!  AMAZING!  It's the little things in life.  We then went to church and spent the rest of the day playing.

Yia Yia - He still has his blue eyes

 
Lil man had his 15 month check up on Friday.  The first nurse took all of his measurements and then walked out.  A few minutes later another nurse came in and said she needed to meaure his height again.  She got the same thing... maybe a quarter inch shorter.  His measurements:

Weight = 28.8 lbs (93rd percentile)
Height = 34 inches (off the chart)

Little man has grown almost three inches in three months!!  The doctor couldn't believe he had grown that much!  No wonder he's so hungry all of the time!  She is also putting him back on reflux medicine to hopefully stop the vomitting spells.  She also said that he's really smart... of course we already knew that though!

Tristan's high school softball team played in the regional finals this weekend.  They came in first place and are headed to the state championship next weekend!  Yay for Tristan!

Last but not least, my dad had a PET scan this week to see if the cancer is gone.  I am pleased to report that he is cancer FREE!  Yay!  I know he's glad that all of the doctor's visits and medicines are over! 

xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10