Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

It was a beautiful weekend here in the south.  It was bittersweet though as we remembered all of the men and women who lost their lives protecting this wonderful nation.

Tristan had her first tournament with her travel team.  She was very excited to be back with them!  I had an out of town wedding so John had little man for 24 hours.  He sent this picture of him at Tristan's game.
He is so cute!!!

Christie and Matt's wedding was gorgeous.  I'm so happy for them and wish them a lifetime of love.

Such a beautiful couple
Christian is feeling much better and has definitely gotten back his appetite.  Every time the pantry door opens he runs to it whining.  We're working on using his words rather than whining.  He can now say his two favorites... cracker and cookie! haha!  He is so full of life and joy.  He's truly a miracle!

As Christian gets older I'm starting to get nervous about his questions and reaction to the fact that he was adopted.  I have mentioned that I forget he's adopted.  I don't really think about it.  I love him to the moon and back!  But as he gets older I'm going to have to come out of my dream world.  He's going to know that I wasn't able to conceive him although I would give anything if I could have.  While I don't look forward to these conversations, I know that they are necessary.  He needs to know about his birth mother and how she chose adoption for him because she loved him so much she wanted him to have a wonderful life. She did not give him up... she gave him life.  He needs to know his native american heritage.  I just hope he knows that being adopted doesn't mean that he is loved any less...  

xxoo


No comments:

Post a Comment


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10