Monday, June 10, 2013

A Week of Firsts

In the past week Christian has gone to McDonald's, played in their playground area and eaten his first happy meal.  He also went to the zoo and to the pool for the first time.  He got his first super noticeable boo boo too.
Splashing with Daddy


Looking at the monkeys
Poor bud fell face first off the arm of the couch and landed on a laundry basket.  He cried for about 4.2 seconds.  He's so tough.
He is definitely picking up a stubborn streak.  He threw a fit for a solid 10 minutes tonight because I shut the pantry door so he couldn't dig in the trash.  I'm so terrible.  He threw such a fit that he started gagging. I didn't give in though.  I let him cry, stomp, gag and scream.  When he finally calmed down I gently explained that I know he was upset but he can't dig in the trash. 

He's also trying to display his dominance.  He loves to pick up anything that can be used as a sword and smack me with it.  I've been taking away whatever the object is and saying "NO HITTING" very sternly while looking him in the eye.  He usually cries for whatever it was I took away but then goes to find something else to swing at me.  I seriously don't know what to do.  I don't want to say "No hitting" and then hit him.  What kind of message is that sending?  And when John does pop his hand all C does is grin.  I don't think he gets it yet.  So....  we're dealing with some pretty normal but frustrating terrible two antics in our household these days.  The weird thing is that he never bites or hits John.  Maybe the hand smacking does work... or maybe he knows that I'm a sucker.  But who wouldn't be a sucker for this sweet face???


xxoo

1 comment:

  1. When John tries to push or hit us instead of saying no.. I say "soft with mommy" or whoever he is hitting at the time. . then I get his hand and rub it soft on me. Seems to work..he does not do it as much as he use too... Except when he gets really excited and maybe forgets... Then I say it..and he rubs us and leans in for a kiss :) Jenna even says it to him now :)

    ReplyDelete


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10