Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter!

Christos Anesti!!  Christ is risen!  God gave us such a beautiful day to celebrate.

Mom Z and I started this morning at the Greek Church.  We went to the midnight service so we had a late night.  It was a lovely ceremony and I'm so glad we went.  I love how traditional the Greek church is.  At midnight they turned out every light and blew out every candle in the church.  After a few minutes there was a faint light coming from the front of the church.  They used that candle to light all of our candles. 

We are having so much fun with Yia Yia and Papou!  Or as C calls him Pa Pa Pou.  We have kept them busy during this trip!  They have put in bead board in the entry, put in a patio, built me a shelf, and planted a garden.  Now they're working on wainscoting in the dining room.
 

Bead board in the entry

Patio
 
Coloring Easter eggs

Breaking eggs with Sissy
Building a bird house

Success!

The Easter Bunny came
 
He loves his drill

I love this sweet boy!

Yia Yia and Papou.  (Yes... we have two couches in the living room.  It has come in quite handy while they've been here! We're working on getting all of the extra furniture out of there.)

Flying his kite.
Waiting for the egg hunt to begin

The mass chaos of the egg hunt
 C is almost potty trained... if he's naked.  So if you pop in on us, you'll most likely find him with no pants on. :)  I have pictures of this but I'll save him the embarrassment.

xxoo

1 comment:

  1. Love the patio--it looks fabulous. That's one of the projects I want to do this summer in my own backyard--I may just copy yours because it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10