Tuesday, December 29, 2015

The Good Stuff

The past 10 months had some bumps in the road BUT there were a LOT of good times! We spent a wonderful summer together as a family.  We took trips to the beach, pretty much lived at the pool and spent lots of quality time with friends and family.

Christian
Christian has grown before our eyes from a toddler to a strong boy.  He is seriously the sweetest and most caring child.  He likes to wrestle, work out and play with dad. He has realized that Dad is pretty cool. He says he wants to help people when he grows up.  I asked if he wants to be a policeman so he can fight the bad guys and he said, "No. I want to be just like my dad. What does he do again?"  I could just eat him up. He is still a Mama's boy too though.  While I have been healing from surgery he has doted and loved on me.  I'm not saying there aren't normal three year old hard times but they are pretty rare.

Perfectly shows his personality. He walked down Christmas morning and pointed at his Santa presents saying, "for me?"
He got drums from Granna & Pop
On Christmas Day he made three wishes into a fountain:
1. For a baby brother
2. For Dad to get a real dagger
3. For Mommy to feel all better

Which leads me to our next adventure... John and I have decided to adopt another baby!  I always knew I wanted another child but I thought we would adopt an older child. When I get pregnant this summer and then lost the baby it made me realize I want another baby.  And Christian has been talking about a baby brother for years.  Hopefully he'll be ok if it turns out to be a baby sister. 
We started the homestudy process in October and should be done by the end of February.  After that we'll just wait for a lovely lady to pick us to raise her child. The agency says it could be anywhere from 6 months to four years.

I also got some great news just today.  My lab results came back for the irregular cells in my bladder. No cancer! Yay!  He said they're due to inflammation.  I have decided to try to follow an anti-inflammatory diet. A lot of my issues seem to point back to inflammation so it can't hurt to try it out. I am very fortunate that I can eat pretty much whatever I want without gaining much weight; however, that doesn't mean I'm healthy.  I LOVE sweets which are the #1 no-no food for inflammation.  This is going to be tough but I need to try to do better so I'm healthy for my boys.




Here's hoping that 2016 will bring us all love and blessings!

xxoo

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much. May all your wishes comes true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like very happy Christmas. :)
    Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete


Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Viewers since 2/12/10